This is a large wooded site within Rose Lake Forest. It measures 100 feet across the front (on Forest Trail), averages 215 feet deep, and is 120 feet wide at the back. The property backs up to Omicron Park, a wooded strip of unused greenbelt which gives extra elbow room. Forest Trail is a public County road, maintained and plowed by Osceola County year 'round.
Here's what's special:
- This parcel has a driveway, but it hasn't been used for forty years. At the very entrance to the drive there are some small trees and a mound of earth blocking the drive. Once this is cleared out, the rest of the driveway is serviceable.
- A large area at the top of the driveway is already cleared for a campsite.
- Electric and telephone service are at the road, and can be easily installed if and when you want.
- You're a five minute drive, or a twenty minute walk from the lake.
All corners are well-marked, per the original survey.
About Rose Lake Forest
This property is located:
- 5 minutes from gas and groceries in Leroy
- 25 minutes from Cadillac
- 1 hr and 10 mins from Grand Rapids
- 3 hrs and 15 mins from Detroit area
Road and Utilities
Each lot is on county road-- plowed and maintained all year around. Electric and telephone at the road, all underground, so the natural beauty is unspoiled by overhead wires. Osceola county allows snowmobiling on the shoulder of all roads.
Private, members-only access to Rose Lake
Rose Lake is a jewel of the North. A natural lake, 373 acres in size; spring fed, the water is clear and the fishing is great. Rose Lake is an all-sports lake. That means you can fish, swim, water-ski, pull a tube behind your boat, or just put-put around in a pontoon and grill steaks (that's what I like to do).
This property gives you access to a 200 foot private, members-only beach. There's a large designated swimming area with a sandy bottom, and on the other side an area to pull up boats. It's a place you'll feel safe letting your teens walk to. You don't have to walk though, it's all county road, and there's parking and bathrooms just above the beach area. You're two minutes away from the lake, and you don't even have to make reservations!
As a property owner here, you'll be a member of the Rose Lake Forest Property Owners Association. Yearly dues are $85 for the first lot, and $30 apiece for each additional lot you own. As a member, you'll get a set of keys and a sticker for your windshield, which gives you the use of all this:
- Access to 200 foot private member's-only beach on Rose Lake.
- A bath house with toilet and shower
- Bathrooms at the beach.
- Sanitary station to dump the black and gray-water tanks in your camper
- Clean and pure water well to fill your camper's tank with fresh water
- Dumpsters to take your trash
- Pavilion to host receptions and parties.
- Ball diamond.
- Kids playground
- Access to over 120 acres of common private parks where you can ride trail bikes and four-wheelers.
Use your keys to let yourself in any time, WITHOUT having to find someone "on duty", or ask permission, and all at No Extra Cost.
Camp for as long as you want. Leave your camper here, as long as you want, even year 'round. Most people eventually put in their own well and septic, but you don't have to right away, or ever, until and unless you want to. Can you tell me any other place in Michigan where you can own the land, and still have a sanitary place to get fresh water and dump your camper waste tanks, any time you want without digging your own well and septic?
Put up your own shed or garage if you want to store your boat, snowmobile, or trail bike. Later, when you're ready, you can build a cottage, or put in a mobile home (mobile homes restricted on some lots). This land is a prime building site-- every one has been perc tested and certified buildable. There's plenty of room to do as you please.
The property is subject to a few common sense restrictions. You can read about them here.
You'll want to see the beach, the pavilion, and everything else-- and know what you're getting before you buy. Once you're inside Rose Lake Forest, the best way to find your way around is with a map.
|Available Terms: || Cash: $500 today, balance within 30 days. Seller will deliver a warranty deed within 10 days of receipt of full payment.
Land Contract (Standard): $1,790.00 down, $192.00 per month, for 15 years. Payment includes property taxes. Interest rate is 11% simple interest; no penalty for early payoff. 90 days same as cash. That means you can buy on land contract, and if you pay off the full balance within 90 days, you pay zero interest.
Land Contract (Low Down Payment): $895.00 down, $271.10 per month for the first year, after which time your monthly payment drops to $192.00. Payments include property taxes. Interest rate is 11% simple interest; no penalty for early payoff. Term is 15 years; 90 days same as cash.
Pay just $500 today to secure sale with any of the above options. Payment options available:
- Credit/debit card through PayPal
- Checks are accepted. For cash deals, checks must clear before deeds are issued.
- Bitcoin (contact us for our Bitcoin transaction number.