This is a very large platted corner lot within Rose Lake Forest. It has 434.67 feet on county road, at the corner of Forest Trail, and Tree Line Road. It measures 118.15 feet deep on the north side, and 268.54 feet deep on the west.
Here's what's special about this parcel:
- This lot really is large. Being on the corner, you can put your driveway in from the side road, giving you more privacy and easier access.
- It's covered with Red Pine, which gives you a screen from everyone around you. Red pine is easy to cut and clear, so you can easily make a nice secluded campsite, and put in a driveway with relatively little work.
- This property rises to a hill in back. I remember when I was a kid, there wasn't a tree on it, and the view was incredible. If I were going to build here, I would put my driveway in through Tree Line Road, trim out the pines, build on the hill, and have a beautiful place. This is one of the best building sites anywhere in Rose Lake Forest.
- This parcel is within sight of The Rose Golf Course, an eighteen hole course.
Note: I just got this parcel back. The buyer swapped his equity toward the down-payment for one of our ten-acre parcels. He told me he left a tent and a tarp behind. Hopefully he didn't leave a bunch of trash, but I haven't seen it. I do know he put in a driveway, and cleared some trees out of the middle, so a lot of the work you might have otherwise needed to do to make this property usable has already been done.
Also note, the sign shown in the photo is not currently on the property, so you'll have to find it using the map and the plat provided here. I won't be able to get the sign up until I return in the Spring. If you buy it before I get there to erect the sign, you can have it for the current price. Otherwise, due to the improvements (driveway, clearing), I'll be raising the price by at least a thousand. This is your chance to jump on a great deal!
About Rose Lake Forest
This property is located:
- 5 minutes from gas and groceries in Leroy
- 25 minutes from Cadillac
- 1 hr and 10 mins from Grand Rapids
- 3 hrs and 15 mins from Detroit area
Road and Utilities
Each lot is on county road-- plowed and maintained all year around. Electric and telephone at the road, all underground, so the natural beauty is unspoiled by overhead wires. Osceola county allows snowmobiling on the shoulder of all roads.
Private, members-only access to Rose Lake
Rose Lake is a jewel of the North. A natural lake, 373 acres in size; spring fed, the water is clear and the fishing is great. Rose Lake is an all-sports lake. That means you can fish, swim, water-ski, pull a tube behind your boat, or just put-put around in a pontoon and grill steaks (that's what I like to do).
This property gives you access to a 200 foot private, members-only beach. There's a large designated swimming area with a sandy bottom, and on the other side an area to pull up boats. It's a place you'll feel safe letting your teens walk to. You don't have to walk though, it's all county road, and there's parking and bathrooms just above the beach area. You're two minutes away from the lake, and you don't even have to make reservations!
As a property owner here, you'll be a member of the Rose Lake Forest Property Owners Association. Yearly dues are $85 for the first lot, and $30 apiece for each additional lot you own. As a member, you'll get a set of keys and a sticker for your windshield, which gives you the use of all this:
- Access to 200 foot private member's-only beach on Rose Lake.
- A bath house with toilet and shower
- Bathrooms at the beach.
- Sanitary station to dump the black and gray-water tanks in your camper
- Clean and pure water well to fill your camper's tank with fresh water
- Dumpsters to take your trash
- Pavilion to host receptions and parties.
- Ball diamond.
- Kids playground
- Access to over 120 acres of common private parks where you can ride trail bikes and four-wheelers.
Use your keys to let yourself in any time, WITHOUT having to find someone "on duty", or ask permission, and all at No Extra Cost.
Camp for as long as you want. Leave your camper here, as long as you want, even year 'round. Most people eventually put in their own well and septic, but you don't have to right away, or ever, until and unless you want to. Can you tell me any other place in Michigan where you can own the land, and still have a sanitary place to get fresh water and dump your camper waste tanks, any time you want without digging your own well and septic?
Put up your own shed or garage if you want to store your boat, snowmobile, or trail bike. Later, when you're ready, you can build a cottage, or put in a mobile home (mobile homes restricted on some lots). This land is a prime building site-- every one has been perc tested and certified buildable. There's plenty of room to do as you please.
The property is subject to a few common sense restrictions. You can read about them here.
You'll want to see the beach, the pavilion, and everything else-- and know what you're getting before you buy. Once you're inside Rose Lake Forest, the best way to find your way around is with a map.