This is a large platted lot within Rose Lake Forest. It measures 100.00 feet on a county road (Forest Trail), 103 feet across at the back, and averages 217 feet deep. A 10-1/2 acre private park / greenbelt runs along the back, giving you privacy and elbow-room.
Here's what's special:
- Beautifully wooded and private
- Prior electric service - will have to be reinspected; possibly upgraded
- Private park / greenbelt (10-1/2 acres) runs along the back, giving you privacy and elbow-room
- A five-minute walk puts you at the bathroom / showers
Please note the bathroom/shower facilities are NOT open through the winter.
About Rose Lake Forest
This property is located:
- 5 minutes from gas and groceries in Leroy
- 25 minutes from Cadillac
- 1 hr and 10 mins from Grand Rapids
- 3 hrs and 15 mins from Detroit area
Road and Utilities
Each lot is on county road-- plowed and maintained all year around. Electric and telephone at the road, all underground, so the natural beauty is unspoiled by overhead wires. Osceola county allows snowmobiling on the shoulder of all roads.
Private, members-only access to Rose Lake
Rose Lake is a jewel of the North. A natural lake, 373 acres in size; spring fed, the water is clear and the fishing is great. Rose Lake is an all-sports lake. That means you can fish, swim, water-ski, pull a tube behind your boat, or just put-put around in a pontoon and grill steaks (that's what I like to do).
This property gives you access to a 200 foot private, members-only beach. There's a large designated swimming area with a sandy bottom, and on the other side an area to pull up boats. It's a place you'll feel safe letting your teens walk to. You don't have to walk though, it's all county road, and there's parking and bathrooms just above the beach area. You're two minutes away from the lake, and you don't even have to make reservations!
As a property owner here, you'll be a member of the Rose Lake Forest Property Owners Association. Yearly dues are $85 for the first lot, and $30 apiece for each additional lot you own. As a member, you'll get a set of keys and a sticker for your windshield, which gives you the use of all this:
- Access to 200 foot private member's-only beach on Rose Lake.
- A bath house with toilet and shower
- Bathrooms at the beach.
- Sanitary station to dump the black and gray-water tanks in your camper
- Clean and pure water well to fill your camper's tank with fresh water
- Dumpsters to take your trash
- Pavilion to host receptions and parties.
- Ball diamond.
- Kids playground
- Access to over 120 acres of common private parks where you can ride trail bikes and four-wheelers.
Use your keys to let yourself in any time, WITHOUT having to find someone "on duty", or ask permission, and all at No Extra Cost.
Camp for as long as you want. Leave your camper here, as long as you want, even year 'round. Most people eventually put in their own well and septic, but you don't have to right away, or ever, until and unless you want to. Can you tell me any other place in Michigan where you can own the land, and still have a sanitary place to get fresh water and dump your camper waste tanks, any time you want without digging your own well and septic? (Note: Bathrooms are closed in the winter so they won't freeze)
Put up your own shed or garage if you want to store your boat, snowmobile, or trail bike. Later, when you're ready, you can build a cottage, or put in a mobile home (mobile homes restricted on some lots). This land is a prime building site-- every one has been perc tested and certified buildable. There's plenty of room to do as you please.
The property is subject to a few common sense restrictions. You can read about them here.
You'll want to see the beach, the pavilion, and everything else-- and know what you're getting before you buy. Once you're inside Rose Lake Forest, the best way to find your way around is with a map.